LegacyGT.com

Just over 100k miles - What PM items did I miss?

I have 107k miles on my '05 MT. Here's the preventative maintenance I've done in the last year, in honor of it hitting 6 figures ( I only do about 7-8k/yr because my summer ride has two less wheels :cool: )

- Trans/front diff oil changed

- Rear diff

- Brake fluid flushed

- Power steering flushed

- Timing belt

- Accessory belts

- Checked accessory.timing belt pulleys and replace on that had rough bearings, rest are ok

- (oil changes every 5k, full synthetic)

- Replaced one fault injector. Coil and remaining injectors tested ok.

- IAM is 1.000, the a/f ratios in learningview are all <4. The LV knock correction table is 0s across the board.

- Running Infamous custom tune with an all stock engine.

- Brakes are Hawk HPS pads/rotors, 50% worn all round when checked last week by a garage.

- It has no fluid leaks of any kind. Pulls VERY strong - is actually faster than my buddy's 2011 LGT

Am I missing anything really obvious? Obviously after spending $650 on the timing belt I have made the decision that this car is a long-term keeper for me.

So, given that, are there any PM items that I reall need to be doing for a car it this age that will help keep it running for another 100k?

5000 mile oil changes,

I hope you check it and top it off as needed.

You may want to look into a local Tuner and get the car street tuned. You may be surprised with the results.

Oh yea, catless up pipe and get the banjo filter out of there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I spent the $130 and went with an STI (11mm) oil pump when I had my tbelt off. If there's one thing the EJ255 likes it's oil circulation. Might be overkill, might not make any difference but it makes me feel better.

Since it sounds like you've already done your tbelt this probably isn't an item you'll be doing...

Archived