LegacyGT.com

3.6R Discontinued?

thejammonster

Just got this email from my Subaru dealer:

"I did some further checking on the Legacy models you had asked about last week. Unfortunately, both the 2.5 GT and the 3.6 R have been discontinued. However, a new model, the 2.5i Sport is a build from the 2.5i Premium model. It includes all the features of the 2.5i Premium plus these unique Sport features:

18-Inch alloy wheels

225/45 R 18 91V all-season tires

All Weather Package-Heated side mirrors-Heated front seats-Windshield wiper de-Icer

Fog Lights w/chrome trim rings

Moonroof"

I knew about the GT already but was considering the 3.6R when my lease is up. I guess my only hope is a redesign for the 2014 MY.

cars101 is usually up to date on what's being discontinued, etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see Subaru ditch the 3.6 with the 2.0 DIT potentially coming, but I haven't seen any mention of it. You missed some stuff on the Sport package (from cars101 - they also have pics of the sport model - the rims are not the same ones as the LGT - they are 10 spoke - I was surprised - figured they'd recycle the LGT rims...)

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy13-wheel3.jpg

11/8/12 new Legacy model and packages updated to include the new 2.5L Sport model available late 2012, and 2 new Navigation packages that include Aha radio/internet integration system available early 2013.

The new 2.5i Sport CVT model fits between the Premium CVT and Limited CVT. No manual is available. Includes power moonroof, All Weather Package, Fog lights with chrome trim, Alloy pedal covers, 18" high luster silver alloys and carbon fiber design dash trim (from the discontinued 2012 Legacy GT) and striated black cloth with silver stitching.

Interesting to know that Russia still sells LGTs. I wonder where they are assembled. No 3.6 over there though.

http://subaru.ru/lineup/legacy/model

They are built in Japan from what I know - and in Russia those that can afford cars not built in Russia won't have any problems with the fuel consumption. I'm not sure about emissions regulation, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are pretty relaxed. (officially or inofficially)

I suspect that what will axe the 3.6 is the fuel consumption.

453747.png

what is subaru doing besides getting rid of all the fun cars?

Um... making money hand over fist?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Hahaha "sport" with a CVT hahaha thats hilarious :lol:. Now the GT and 3.6R got canned? wow. Well hopefully the 6th gen will be nicer anyways and they bring back the GT,SpecB and 3.0-3.6R if they don't,and Mazda brings back the Mazdaspeed 6 with AWD again,i can almost grantee you Subaru will then bring the GT back hopefully if not well they will be kicking themselves in the foot. Then the MZ6 will be getting more sales. I think the new 6 looks amazing and adding AWD or a AWD MZ6 would be simply awesome. Luckily only one more year of the BM then they can finally make a real Legacy again instead of a bloated bulky looking pig. They should make it smaller,bring back goose neck trunk hinges and make it a proper drivers car again not to mention a real E-brake and a real manual. Has anyone seen the base BM? my god it's hideous,unpainted mirrors and ugly hub caps for almost 20k ridiculous.

what is subaru doing besides getting rid of all the fun cars?

Doubling sales?

Ok, so maybe not doubling, but seeing huge increases. I know they've been annoying the enthusiast community with some of the recent moves, but it's really not that bad given the environment.

Here are my reasons:

1. When Mitsubishi was killing the lancer, they kept the STI

2. STI in hatch and sedan form

3. BRZ

I see this sport package on the 2.5i to combat the Camry SE trim level. I've seen a lot of commercials for the SE package for it's sporty looks and good MPG's. It makes sense. People want a sporty look, don't necessarily need a lot of power and want to keep good MPG's.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Archived