LegacyGT.com

How Low Can You Go? My Outback on the Ground

natoli4

So I just had Epic/Koni's with Legacy struts housing installed by infamous down in North San Diego County. Love the look, have some rubbing issues that's I'll be grinding/cutting/melting away tomorrow but am really happy with it. The epics are a bit of a bummer in that the ride isn't the BMW like ride I was looking for but the look is a killer...On the Freeway it's a nice ride until a big hit then you are on the stops but until then it's pretty good. I am on soft right now and am hoping I can dial things in once I fit the rubbing.

IMG_9475.jpg.6654130afa517edd6f8a4b7fbbda5185.jpg

IMG_9476.jpg.6a4148c2697f9c93ddccf4a56c4903f2.jpg

IMG_9477.jpg.cb02012687d64e56a8843e95b2b5ef3b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
No Rubbing any longer, Pulled both plastic fenders and cut and re rolled each fender. Primered. cut inner plastic tabs from the plastic fender and trimmed all the edge off. heated and pushed back the inner plastic fender too. Rides good now. My tires are 235/45/19's. No rubbing on the back. Rubber trim has been removed.

Sits like mine on bilsteins and pinks, except mine has that BMW ride.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Agreed, looks awesome but my old ass couldn't handle a harsh ride either.

Hope you can work out the bugs on comfort.

I'm riding my wagon on Bilsteins and Pinks too but it's not that slammed. And the ride is super compliant.

rears are a bit of an issue for me too as I had to pull, cut and reshape the rear bump stops so that it road better. Again bigger hits are what really hut, basic driving is really comfortable. I'm sure if I had OEM springs that were an inch or so higher things would be a bit better.

• 1 month later...

Archived