LegacyGT.com

2010 VF54 turbocharger upgrades by BNR Supercars

Hello all.

Here are pictures of the first VF54 turbocharger upgrade. Also included are turbine wheel and compressor wheel pictures to compare stock vs. upgraded compressor/turbine wheels.

This is an HTA68 version that is matched with a TD05H turbine wheel. Both VF54 end housings are machined to fit the TD05 center section. This unit was balanced below .4 gram/in2!

Glad to finally offer this to the newest generation of LGTs!

Bryan Nickell

BNR Supercars LLC

205 640 1193

BNRsupercars@yahoo.com

www.BNRsupercars.com

VF54HTApic1.JPG.0c2320c7e7be85f0313714f1b0675a5c.JPG

VF54HTApic2.JPG.33bb09b5489571f31f3e14a001726ca4.JPG

VF54HTApic3.JPG.ce00d2432100ef75d2ced3efed6e0bb3.JPG

VF54vsALLcompressors.JPG.897a6fb1513e724b2d2dec48b31d75fe.JPG

VF54vsTD05Hturbinepic.JPG.f5ea5a478cf037f14c9800d2ab062435.JPG

I've grown accustomed to having 16 lbs by 3000 RPM. Will be watching the other thread to see how the HTA86/TD05 spools up in the low mount location - really hoping to see 2-300 difference from the boost response in the Gen IVs.

Bryan - any particular oil/water plumbing bits needed, or is this a direct bolt in upgrade?

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your business!

Factory oil drain tube, both water lines/water banjo bolts, oil supply banjo bolt are all are usable on this turbocharger upgrade.

As for 400 Ft/lbs you have to run lots of boost to get that out of the 2.5. This unit is fitted with the stock actuator because he wants 20 psi. If he wanted 22 psi or more, I would have put an upgraded actuator in its place. I don't see a problem with this turbo making full boost in the 2000's.

Bryan@BNR

205 640 1193

www.BNRsupercars.com

Let me ask some newb questions (I've owned a turbo car for all of a month and a half now).

With this upgrade to the turbo do you have to move to the FMIC like SuBiElOvEr did with hisor could you stay with the top mount? Is an IC change/upgrade required? What other components would need upgraded (likely the clutch? what about injectors or fuel)? Sorry if these are dumb questions but like I said I'm a newb.

Here are just my thoughts in this ....You could upgrade the turbo with the top mount IC. Consider the following would be required to support the increse in HP:

- Assuming you're at Stage II

- Better Clutch

- Bigger Fuel Pump

- Bigger Injectors

- Also consider the plastic caps of the TMIC may need to be stenghtened so they do not fail

This is a direct fitment turbocharger upgrade. No fabrication required.

If you want to stay with stock fuel injectors/pump or if you have an automatic transmission, the evo 16G is the way to go.

If you plan on a fuel system upgrade (injectors/pump), then I would step up to the 18G minimum. If you want more of an aggressive car, then do the HTA or the 20G.

Bryan@BNR

205 640 1193

www.BNRsupercars.com

This is a direct fitment turbocharger upgrade. No fabrication required.

If you want to stay with stock fuel injectors/pump or if you have an automatic transmission, the evo 16G is the way to go.

If you plan on a fuel system upgrade (injectors/pump), then I would step up to the 18G minimum. If you want more of an aggressive car, then do the HTA or the 20G.

Bryan@BNR

205 640 1193

www.BNRsupercars.com

Thanks Bryan, this makes sense.

Stock turbo pretty much maxes the stock injectors, so I'm thinking 650 injectors will be required for the 18G/TD05 at 20psi on pump gas. With the proper supporting mods, that turbo ought to provide 300-320 to the wheels without being on the jagged edge. Sounds just about perfect for my DD needs.

• 2 years later...
Please let me know how the 20G treats you. I was on the phone with Bryan about an upgrade on Wednesday. I have an extra VF54 sitting here. I haven't yet decided on 18g or 20g.

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

Archived