LegacyGT.com

Cyber hood scoop

LegacyMUN2k6

I jumped the gun and ordered the cyber hood scoop in carbon fiber :)

Good for you! I was so close to doing the same a few months ago!

How much did the CF one set you back! I liked the look of the Cyber R one the best from the limited photos out there on the web!

Does it actually help get any more air into the intercooler like the zerosport "cool action" hood scoop insert, or is this purely for aesthetic purposes?

The Zero/Sports shroud doesn't help you get "more" air, it simply guides the air more efficiently.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

anyone know how to read japanese...

this hood scoop comes with a roll of double-sided tape, a few nuts and bolts, 13 subaru clips and instructions in japanese...

the clips are for the hood sound dampening liner... the double sided tape application is shown clearly from the three pictures on the instrucions... but the text in the instructions describes where and how to use the hardware included! ;)

Anyone able to help me out with a translation of a copy of the instructions in japanese?

you don't need to read anything remove the stock hood liner remove the stock nuts holding the stock scoop it lifts out. install the two-sided tape around the bottom three outer edges of the Cyber R i.e. looking from the bottom, inlet pointing towards you. the tape goes on the back-side and the two outer edges. clean hood area with alcohol install hood in opening very carefully don't press it down until you're sure it's where you want it then bolt down the front of scoop and press scoop firmly to hood. reinstall liner.

the pics in the instructions tell it all. good luck.

note: test fit before any taping/bolting

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Before anything, I am not gonna be held liable for misinterpitation on any part of the instruction stated below. I'm just here to help.

First page of instructions are just caution stuff so you don't need to understand it.

It comes with anything you purchase in the states also.

Second Page explains couple of things. (I'm just gonna go down with the Bullets)

*What Model it is for

*What Parts should be included

*What tools to be used

*Caution that needs to be taken to put the parts on

Please do not install the hood scoop on a very windy day (Beats me....)

Don't install the parts under 15 Degrees Celcius (Double Side Tape will not Stick)

*Installation

1. Use a masking tape to support the hood scoop from the top side.

2. Open the Hood securely.

3. From the underside of the hood, carefully take off the sound deadning and the 13 screws

4. Take off the Silver Screw that holds the OEM hood Scoop.

5. You need to push in to the White Clip with a hard object and the OEM hood scoop should come off.

6. Get the new hood scoop and put it on top of the hood with the doublesided tape. (See Picture 3 of your Post #14). I would strongly suggest reading the Third Part (Picture) first before you install the double-side tape.

7. Allign the hood scoop.

8. Screw down LIGHTLY, the new hood scoop with the bolt, spring washer, and the washer.

9. If the allignment is good, take off the double-side tape on all 3 sides and press down firmly.

10. Screw the 4 bolts securely.

11. Take off the double-sided tape that was used other than the 3 side stated on instruction 9. and press down firm.

12. Use the scews supplied and put back the sound deadning piece.

Third Page

Top Section States:

"Talking about the A Part" indicated on the picture.

Double up on the Double-Sided Tape for this section.

Make sure to have the edge of the double-sided tape paper part (Part that comes off) off to the inside of the scoop.

Bottom Part:

Have the Section stated B&C's double-side tape part (Part that comes off) slightly off where marked X on the picture.

The paper part should be visible from the top after you install the hood scoop so you can take it off after you allign the hood scoop.

Part that is stated D, you do the same thing with taking the paper off a little so you can take it off after you allign the hood scoop.

This process is so that you can take off the double-sided tape after all the scews are set in place.

If you have everything off, it's just gonna stick and won't be able to allign.

Then you are gonna curse and swear and have a bad day :)

Hope this helped.

Couple of instructions were kinda weird but you get the idea.

Have fun. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I know, I know... I've got a carbon fiber grill sitting to go on and JDM headlights (eventually)... I'm going to get my act together....

soon!

i'll take the grill if you're not using it. :lol:

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived