LegacyGT.com

problems after perrin tmic install

After installing my perrin tmic today I noticed my car won't boost past 10psi. I checked for leaks everywhere but couldn't find any I even bought one of those Mr gaskets for the turbo side. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I have an ots tune? The car currently has a stage 2 ots Cobb tune with a Cobb catless dp catless up and Cobb catback.
God created turbo lag to give V8s a chance

If you have a air compressor you can plug the hose off the air cleaner box with a pint size paint can, then pull the hose off the BOV and give it a quick blast of air. Put your thumb over the hose and listen for leaks.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Good call no drft I reset the ecu and boost is right back up to 15. Now a rattle has developed under wot though. I thought at first it was the turbo heat shield but its on tight.
God created turbo lag to give V8s a chance

It is rubbing against the CMC reservoir a little bit. I talked to Perrin and they are sending me a spacer. What is false knock?

False knock is when the knock sensor picks up noise other than actual knock. The knock sensor is just a small mic essentially tuned to pick up a certain frequency range of sound.

You'd be surprised though at how much stuff can be rattling around in the engine bay and the knock sensor won't pick it up though. When I had my long block dealer replaced they left all kinds of loose shields and bolts etc. I fixed a ton of rattles and loose shields and had no notable difference in knock sum.

My perrin rubs my CMC (not all the time, usually at first gear take offs, more so when it's cold)... Havent received any false knock to date... knock on wood.

The spacer's been sitting in my garage for 2 months or so now. lol

Need to get that taken care of.

Archived