LegacyGT.com

please help troubleshoot...

i have no boost until i hit around 40 mph, and car bogs very heavily until 40 mph or so. im on my 3rd turbo and engine since dec. 2012.

i only use premium gas

i use rotella synthetic oil/oem filter

i have cat-less up pipe, and did the egt sensor mod.

i also removed banjo bolts on both sides.

i checked to see if all vacuum hoses are connected, and they are.

the intercooler and radiator are full of coolant

i also checked oil when it was drained last time, and no debris in oil or shavings.

what am i missing to check before i send my car back to the shop again for the 4th time in 6 months? i know turbo cars can be finicky, but this is past the point of annoying.

Not to sound rude but you just said the intercooler has coolant in it. Referring to the over flow tank on the pass side of the intake manifold. I would probably take this to a trained mechanic.

And I recommend taking it to a different shop. If your not having luck at one place. Go some where else.

• Moderators
Not to sound rude but you just said the intercooler has coolant in it. Referring to the over flow tank on the pass side of the intake manifold. I would probably take this to a trained mechanic.

Probably sound advice.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

And I recommend taking it to a different shop. If your not having luck at one place. Go some where else.

Quoted for truth.

Was all of this under warranty or have you spent $20k on a car that's worth roughly $10k? With negative results...:eek::eek::eek:

bought the car used with 47k in dec 2012, engine/turbo blew on way home from dealer. they replaced with a new motor, that had a 3 year warranty. that motor went again, and the turbo was a brand new one from subaru, and that was replaced again as well. i havent had to pay for the work, but its annoying

Archived