LegacyGT.com

Will 2000 15x6 alloy Forester wheels fit on a 2nd gen Legacy?

I have some 2000 15 x 6 aluminum Forester wheels and I am thinking about some snow-tires. I have some nice 16" GT wheels on our 95 wagon now but, will be hitting the pass on the regular and thought some snow tires would be in order.

Can I use the Forester wheels on the Legacy?

Offset going to work? Has anyone used these on a legacy?

Snow tire recommendations? I tried the search and nothing came up.

Thanks.

the forester whaeels will bolt on and work well, but the tires will be too big for your 95.

the stock tire for the 95 lego is 185/70/14, or 195/60/15. both were used and are basically the same size.

the 95 lego can also handle the 97 GT tire, 205/55/16 with no issue.

what size tire is on the car now?

I have some nice 16" GT wheels on our 95 wagon now

And yes it has 205/55/16"s and they are a great street/summer tire.

I was mostly concerned with offset or any suspension clearance issues. And I'm not gonna lie, I thought it would be cool to see a picture.

Here is what I am working with.

I think some 195/60/15 snow tires on the Forester wheels.

Studded or non-studded? Is the question

Studded are nice, but boy are they loud. I have run both and the difference was not much besides the noise. Just get a quality non studded tire and you will be happy.

there is nothing better for ice than studded snow tires. but if ice is not an issue i would go without. but i live in SW VA.

years ago i lived on gravel roads in the mountains and drove a 2wd, 5spd nissan pickup. and half of my 15 minute drive to pavement seemed to be on the north or northwest side of the mountain. as a result, once it snowed the snow stayed, for months. and over time became icey. the county would spread gravel on top for traction but it seemed like my area was always last on the list. studded snow tire saved my butt more than once.

for snow, you need good tires, for ice you need studs or chains.

just my .02.

Ok went with some Cooper weather master S/T 2's on 2000 Forester wheels with a 195/65/15 tire. Seam to be nice and luggy and drives well so far and going to hit Stevens or Snoqualmie pass over Christmas holiday and get into some serious snow, can't wait.

0SnoSubi999.thumb.JPG.754c608717521e8cb50e9c16b4c852b5.JPG

You can buy studable snow tires and if you need the studs just install them later. My Firestone snows have spots in the threads for studs. Matter of fact I don't think studded snow tires come with the studs, I think you have to install them yourself.

Yeah same here in Milwaukee, we set a record for the most days without snow. Think it was 307 days. Crazy but we did get a couple of inches a few days ago which is weird cuz almost the entire state of WI got 10-15 inches with that big storm and the Milw area only got a couple. I kinda wanted more so I could really test out the new snow tires. LOL.

Well at least with your 205's should give you a bit more clearance. I just noticed that you are into Toyota vehicles as well. My Corolla is RWD and has the 1.8 3tC HEMI and is real fun in the snow. It's kind of done up like a 70's style muscle car with slot mags, dual sport mirrors like the Cougar Eliminator, a mini Maxima rear spoiler, an old Stromberg 97 helmet style air filter and a louvered hood with 80 or so louvers punched in it like hot-rods have. It's silly but I only have about $350 bucks into it and I've had it for about 7 years. I love messing with cars.

They have grown on me except one of them is slightly bent and gives off a mild vibration but, is real smooth around 75. Didn't see as much snow as I wanted but, what snow we did hit, the Subi and the snow tires performed awesome.

I think the wheels may be 1998 to 2000 Forester, these were 2000.

Anvil, post a pic of your Corolla. I would love to see it. I can't figure out how to post pics from my phone to a forum using my phone. Duh. LOL. I would love to find a 70's Celica GT. They look so bad ass. They kinda remind me of a 70's Skyline. Those are sexy looking cars as well. Matter of fact there were a lot of really dope looking cars from Japan in the late 60's through the 70's. My 72 240z will always have a special place in my heart, another timeless body style.

theres a few 70s corollas rotting in a yard over by my work. one has a beat up rear QP but the other seems to have a straight body. the guy has a ton of cars in that lot, some day im gonna go see if he wants to sell them. theres an old vega in there that caught my eye, would love to dump a 350 in one of those some day.

Archived