LegacyGT.com

Ford Festiva turbo

BDII

All right here wego...

Its a 1.8 liter ford engine, probable 9:1 compression(best guess) so im gonna say 5 to 7 psi probable 93 hp stock, 120 maybe 130 with boost,considering it weighs all of 2200 pounds, I bet its quick, thats if he doesnt blow his Diff or his crank. I have seen a pinto with a 350 big block that ran 12's, no lie. talk about sleeper potential.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

maybe you young bucks never heard of this, but there used to be a car called the 'SHOgun':

http://www.shotimes.com/php-bin/images/SHOgun/Leno1.jpg

Ford Festiva with Yamaha built V-6 from the Taurus SHO -225Hp, mid-engine and RWD. :D

Tell me that is not Jay Leno, please tell me its not. he has one of the best collections of high end cars...

that is Leno, but that's also a pic from 15 years ago. Those cars were novelties back then....about $50K if I remember right. I doubt he still has it.

I remember it when it came out, reading about it in C&D, or something like that. That SHOgun in particular was hot yellow, IIRC.

I also thumbed through Turbo Magazine (is that where you got the above Leno pic PGT?) a few months ago, recalling some of their best articles over the years, and the Leno SHOgun was noted fondly... man, that brought back some old memories.

I bought a festiva back in Oct of 88 when my '60 vw beatle bit the dust (I like small, especially in NYC). Got 275,000 miles on the original engine from that great little car. Best thing was that it was an extemely efficient cargo hauler- tons of space in that box on wheels. Not much on performance- 1300cc, 67 hp, but it was a great car.

Archived